I am a UX Designer in the Corporate Marketing department at IBM. My passion for digital design began back in high school. While other kids were playing video games, I was learning to build them - I even owned my own server and managed my own website. From there, I starting playing with typography and layout which led me to start designing full-scale websites for local businesses. In turn, that lead me to purchase my first car - a 1972 emerald green Gran Torino. After high school, I supplemented my own learning with a formal education. I earned a BA in Multimedia Design and Development from DeVry University, where I spent all four years on the Dean’s List. I was fortunate enough after college to land my first gig with American Book Company. I built an online testing platform using PHP and MySQL, a custom e-commerce site, and many other tools for the organization.
With that experience, I had the opportunity to land several other gigs which furthered my experience. One of them being Cox Automotive, one of the largest private corporations in Georgia. These organizations gave me a large deal of design experience. Currently, I do high-level freelance work, including: web & graphic design, front-end development, and WordPress development. I create anything from logos, illustrations, and flyers to large e-commerce sites. I am a kind hearted consultant with a kick-ass delivery. If you let me know what you need, I will get it done successfully.
Both God and the devil are in the detail. So who are we to disagree. Details cost more money, take more time, experience, heart, and conviction. But we love ‘em because they make the difference. Contact us today and let’s make a difference.
I gained a great number of professional skills over the years. Here are a few:
SURVEYS & INTERVIEWS
TRAINING & DOCUMENTATION
HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION
LESS / SASS
HTML5 / CSS3
I have been fortunate to work with some pretty awesome clients!
+ CAREER HISTORY
I've worked with some amazing companies!
Oversee strategic digital experience design for all web, mobile, social media, and merchandise platforms, continually evaluating and developing new areas of expertise across team. Facilitate each project through to completion, ensuring alignment of messaging with cross-functional groups and company branding. Deliver high-level design solutions for intuitive user experiences spanning an array of platforms. Formulate personas, concept models, site maps, process flows, sketches, wireframes, and visual designs. Perform comprehensive research on current and emerging behaviors and needs.
• Steered a comprehensive Emory rebrand of print and digital experiences, breaking through traditional boundaries while defining brand guide, digital patterns, and overall look and feel.
• Revamped Emory’s continuing education platform through extensive user research, significantly enhancing and increasing the user experience on site and registration modules.
• Managed website redesign for scholarship endowment strategy, igniting donors and students to deliver increased funding to the University; won Case District III Award for exemplary performance and results.
• Increased applications and interest through the reconfiguration of the Chandler’s admissions website, leveraging enhanced user experience, photography, and storytelling.
• Developed and implemented a more interactive and engaging approach to social media utilizing Snap Chat filters and visually appealing Instagram content.
Formulated and pitched ad campaigns through digital, print, and social media outlets across over 30 markets for Manheim, Autotrader, and Kelly Blue Book. Coached designers and contract workers through campaign development and ideation. Negotiated and managed all vendor and supplier contracts while fostering solid relationships and remaining within budget.
• Facilitated Manheim in going from stagnant to record numbers within one year leveraging immersive campaigns and by empowering the brand.
• Successfully managed over 60 active campaigns in 30+ markets while retaining design aesthetics and producing significant campaign results.
• Spearheaded and led brand launch for Cox, supporting more than 25 organizations and reengineering brand book, video brand book, and marketing collateral.
• Developed innovative NADA booth for Make My Deal campaign, designing brand in both print and digital media.
• Supported consumer department in creating a fun and interactive user interface (UI) for consumers at NADA to interact with and obtain relevant information.
Played a key leadership role in the areas of strategy, vision, and new business development and growth, overseeing cross-platform design and advertising projects, including budgeting and departmental productivity and profitability. Steered all aspects of succession planning. Delivered presentations to propose strategic ideas to clients, capturing new accounts.
• Directed and led a high-performance team of five, comprising UX/UI Designers, copywriters, and developers, mentoring and coaching to support career development and drive implementation of best practices.
• Facilitated team of designers and developers in designing a customized shopping cart experience for clothing company.
• Redesigned unique UI for photo therapy interphrase, interviewing stakeholders to create better experience while ensuring a safe system and eliminating mistakes.
Creative in research, vision, and design for implementation. Web design and user experience, flash animation, digital illustration, and developer. Creative designer and implementation of email campaigns and online advertisements. Won rookie of the year for outstanding innovations.
Main Website Redesign – Redesigned the companies main website within the brand. Created a custom online shopping cart that connected to file maker database that the sales and warehouse team could interact with. Received first order minutes after launch and increased warehouse and sales productivity.Online Testing Platform
Designed a variety of material for clients including logos/branding, posters, websites, and apps. Worked with some amazing clients like The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Phillips, Samsung, and Assurant. Gathered teams up designers, developers, and illustrators when needed to build a team to work on large projects.